🧁 Hours of Operation
Sunday: By Appointment Only
Tuesday: 10a - 4p
Wednesday: 10a - 4p
Thursday: 10a - 4p
Friday: 10a - 4p
Saturday: 10a - 6p
Though we do not allow our patrons in our space at this time, we are available via phone according to the schedule above.
We are available via Shopify Inbox, Email & Text, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Though responses may be delayed, we will respond as soon as we are able!
If ordering custom items that may not be booked online, it is best to book a consultation using our consultation link: https://www.terriscakesdetroit.com/products/consultations.
🧁 Order Guidelines
We are currently booking 45 days in advance.
When booking online, you may only book by the dates listed as available on the calendar.
If you contact us via phone, email, shopify inbox, etc, and a date is available sooner, the following rush fees may apply:
- If your event is less than 45 days away, a rush fee of $50 may apply. These orders will be invoiced. Invoices must be paid within 24 hours.
- If your event is less than 30 days away, a rush fee totaling 50% of your total order may apply. These orders will be invoiced. Invoices must be paid within 24 hours.
- If your event is less than 15 days away, a rush fee totaling 100% of your order may apply. These orders must be paid in full via phone the day they are placed.
- If your event is 7 days away, an order minimum of $1,000 applies regardless of order size. Additionally, a rush fee totaling 100% of your order may also apply, dependent upon the complexity of your request. Lastly, this order must be paid in full via phone the day it is placed.
🧁 Do you make custom cakes?
Yes! In order to book a custom cake, you must schedule a cake consultation. Custom cakes are any cakes that cannot be booked online. To book via phone, custom cakes require a 50% non-refundable deposit. There is a $10 per person minimum for all custom orders.
🧁 Pick up & Delivery
- At this time, Terri’s Cakes Detroit is delivery only. Pick-ups are not currently allowed at our facility.
🧁 Terms and Conditions
- If an order is placed online, 25% of the total amount paid serves as the non-refundable deposit.
- If you cancel a paid in full cake order 14 days or less before your delivery date, there will not be a refund.
- If your order needs to be canceled, you will receive a credit. Credits expire one year from the date the order is canceled. If you cancel 14 days or more before your event, you may receive a partial refund totaling, at most, 75% of your total due.
- Terri’s Cakes Detroit specializes in floral buttercream cakes. In the event you choose florals for your cakes, Terri’s Cakes Detroit will provide them. In the event you have a floral designer that you prefer to use, you must submit your floral contract to Terri’s Cakes Detroit by 14 days before your event. If not received, Terri’s Cakes Detroit will invoice you for florals at that time. If that invoice goes unpaid, Terri’s Cakes Detroit will deliver a “canvas cake” as discussed and confirmed in your invoice.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the event location is open and available for setup at the requested time (including table display and linen). Should Terri’s Cakes Detroit have to wait at the site for the event location to be opened, you will be billed for the wait time at a rate of $25 per 15 minutes. This fee must be paid in full before the cake is setup. Terri’s Cakes Detroit will not wait on location past the delivery window, noting, all deliveries have a 1 hour scheduled delivery window. If the display area is not ready for the cake to be setup and the client requests that the cake(s) be left without a Terri’s Cakes Detroit representative setting the item(s) up, the client assumes all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake(s) at that time. If the client or client representative is not present on site, we will not leave products due to health concerns and the client will forfeit their payment.
- Terri’s Cakes Detroit is not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. The customer is responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of 70 degrees or below.
- Terri’s Cakes Detroit reserves the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you, the customer.
- Terri’s Cakes Detroit reserves the right not to accept any orders without explanation.
- Terri’s Cakes Detroit reserves the right to cancel any order placed without explanation WITH a complete refund.
- Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold Terri’s Cakes Detroit harmless of allergic reactions.
- If your order needs to be canceled, you will receive a credit. Credits expire one year from the date the order is canceled. If you cancel 14 days or more before your event, you may receive a partial refund totaling, at most, 75% of your total due. Once received, items are considered accepted.
- If we deliver your order and it does not meet the client’s expectations, the client must leave the cake with the Terri’s Cakes Detroit representative. Terri’s Cakes Detroit will refund the client 75% of the total product amount paid and 0% of the delivery costs.
- Due to the tedious, handcrafted nature of our products, products that have been accepted by the client are unable to receive refunds or negotiate an exchange of cakes, cupcakes and cookies.
- If the client rejects the product and Terri’s Cakes Detroit refunds the client, the client CANNOT keep the order. The client is only able to receive the refund if the order is not accepted. If the client requests a refund at time of delivery, the client MUST return the order to the Terri’s Cakes Detroit representative conducting the delivery.
- Terri’s Cakes Detroit will NOT negotiate a partial refund if the client chooses to keep the order. This is a take it, or leave it policy.
- Terri’s Cakes Detroit is not responsible for any expense the client may incur for replacing the order.
- Flavor and texture are subjective. Refunds requested due to flavor or texture after order has been accepted will not be honored. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of Terri’s Cakes Detroit.